Saturday, August 18, 2007

As a young muslim living in a America. It is sometimes hard to be faithful to the beautiful religion of Islam. Especially in the corrupt society we live in. Muslims everyday face temptations that are hard to withstand. But they are just mere tests from the almighty (ALLAH). Muslims who forsake the path usually fall into the evils of society and end up confused trying to find an identity. Not knowing that being a muslim is the best possible identity a human being could have. I think a parents involvement in a child's religious upbringing is the key ingredient to setting a foundation. First the parents have to water the garden and then it is up to ALLAH to make the seed's grow. I know this first hand from having my mother by my side. She gave me antidotes of wisdom. She taught me suras on the way to school. But I only started praying at the age of eleven. Ironically It started when i saw the movie The Ten Commandments for the fifth time. I acquired an admiration for Moosa (SAW) . How he went through all those hardships, well trying to spread a message from ALLAH. And then i realized how can i not appreciate the beautiful religion of Islam, after what Muhammad (SAW) did for it. Of how he risked his life and how he sacrificed so much for the sake of ALLAH. And at the end of the day it was because of Allah that i changed. He made seeds grow into a ripe fruit. And for that I will always love him, and thank him. The one and only ALLAH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home